Submitting job applications
Processing of personal data related to the job application process
We publish information on open positions in the Valtiolle.fi service, which is the primary channel for submitting job applications. Through the Valtiolle.fi service, we collect data that is essential to the application process, provided by the applicants themselves in connection with submitting their applications. At the end of the application process, we draw up a memorandum for comparing the merits of the applicants in accordance with the guidelines provided by the Ministry of Finance and in the legislation on government officials.
Applications can also be submitted on paper to our registry as instructed in the job advertisement.
What data do we collect through the Valtiolle.fi service?
- Identifying data: name, address, telephone number, gender, possible other identifying details
- Personal data provided by the applicant: education and work experience, language skills and other necessary information with regard to applying for and filling the position, such as information related to the use of information systems and driving rights
- Contact details of possible references
The applications will be deleted from the Valtiolle.fi service in 12 months after the end of the recruitment process.
The storage times of data related to the recruitment processes of the Office of the Intelligence Ombudsman are determined by the Archive Act (831/1994), the National Archives Service regulation (AL 16465/07.01.01.03.02/2016) and the Office’s archiving plan.
Our processing is based on
We process the personal data for compliance with a legal obligation concerning the Intelligence Ombudsman:
- General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679), Article 6(1), point c
- Civil Service Act (750/1994) and Decree (971/1994)
- Act on the Protection of Privacy in Working Life (759/2004)
Disclosure of data
There are no regular disclosures of data.
Data is disclosed in accordance with the Act on the Openness of Government Activities. The data and documents are public unless specifically decreed confidential by law.
No data will be disclosed for direct marketing, survey or market research purposes, unless there are separate provisions regarding disclosure for such purposes.
Your data protection rights with regard to the processing of personal data
Right to obtain information on the processing of personal data
- You have the right to know for what purposes and by which methods we process your personal data.
- The aim of this description of our data protection policies is to provide a comprehensive picture of the processing of personal data in our operations. If some aspect of our processing of personal data remains unclear, however, the description has failed in its purpose. In such cases, you are welcome to ask us for further details (see contact details below).
- Additional information on the right to be informed of the processing of personal data (tietosuoja.fi).
Right of access
- You have the right to know whether or not we are processing personal data that concern you. If we are, you have the right to obtain a copy of this data unless we have a legal basis for refusing to fulfil this right.
- Additional information on the right of access to personal data (tietosuoja.fi).
Right to rectification
- If the personal data we are processing is inaccurate, you can request us to rectify such data that concerns you.
- If we rectify data on the basis of your request, we are obligated to notify all parties to whom we have previously disclosed your data of the rectification where viable.
- Additional information on the right to rectification (tietosuoja.fi).
Right to restriction of processing
- If you consider the data that we are processing to be inaccurate or the processing to be unlawful, or you have objected to the processing of your data, you can request us to restrict the processing of your data.
- In such cases, we are only allowed to process your data
- with your consent
- if we need the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- for the public interest or
- in order to safeguard the rights of another person.
- If we restrict the processing of data on the basis of your request, we are obligated to notify all parties to whom we have previously disclosed your data of the restriction where viable.
- Additional information on the right to restriction of processing (tietosuoja.fi).
You can send requests concerning your data-protection rights to the Office of the Intelligence Ombudsman by e-mail or post. Contact information
The Office of the Intelligence Ombudsman does not make decisions based on automated processing. Neither does the Office create profiles on the basis of the personal data it processes.