Data processed in connection with the use of telephone services
Our telephone service uses a telephone system provided by a third-party service provider. No personal data is collected in connection with telephone calls, nor are the calls made to our telephone service recorded. The telephone system includes a statistics feature, which is used solely to collect information on the number of telephone calls. Personal data is not combined with the call data.
The switchboard of the the Office of the Intelligence Ombudsman is managed by an external service provider. We save the following information on calls made to the switchboard: the time of the call, the caller's number and the number to which the call was connected and the duration of the call. This information is required for forwarding the calls. The switchboard services of the Office of the Intelligence Ombudsman are implemented by Elisa Oyj, the contract partner of the Government ICT Centre Valtori. Data collected for the purposes of the Office of the Intelligence Ombudsman is processed for a maximum of 30 days from the date of the call.
If you call the Office of the Intelligence Ombudsman in connection with a pending case, the call will be logged into our case management system. Read more on the processing of personal data in connection with the processing of cases falling within our competence.
Our processing is based on
We process personal data for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest and in the exercise of official authority vested in the Office of the Intelligence Ombudsman:
Disclosure of data
There are no regular disclosures of data.
Data is disclosed in accordance with the Act on the Openness of Government Activities.
No data will be disclosed for direct marketing, survey or market research purposes, unless there are separate provisions regarding disclosure for such purposes.
Your data-protection rights with regard to the processing of personal data
Right to obtain information on the processing of personal data
- You have the right to know for what purposes and by which methods we process your personal data.
- The aim of this description of our data protection policies is to provide a comprehensive picture of the processing of personal data in our operations. If some aspect of our processing of personal data remains unclear, however, the description has failed in its purpose. If this is the case, you are welcome to send your questions to the Office of the Intelligence Ombudsman.
- Additional information on the right to be informed of the processing of personal data (tietosuoja.fi).
Right of access
- You have the right to know whether or not we are processing personal data that concern you. If we are, you have the right to obtain a copy of this data unless we have a legal basis for refusing to fulfil this right.
- Additional information on the right of access to personal data (tietosuoja.fi).
Right to rectification
- If the personal data we are processing is inaccurate, you can request us to rectify such data that concerns you.
- If we rectify data on the basis of your request, we are obligated to notify all parties to whom we have previously disclosed your data of the rectification where viable.
- Additional information on the right to rectification (tietosuoja.fi).
Right to restriction of processing
- If you consider the data that we are processing to be inaccurate or the processing to be unlawful, or you have objected to the processing of your data, you can request us to restrict the processing of your data.
- In such cases, we are only allowed to process your data
- with your consent
- if we need the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- for the public interest or
- in order to safeguard the rights of another person.
- If we restrict the processing of data on the basis of your request, we are obligated to notify all parties to whom we have previously disclosed your data of the restriction where viable.
- Additional information on the right to restriction of processing (tietosuoja.fi).
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by us. You can exercise this right at any time on grounds relating to your particular situation. After this, we may not continue processing your personal data except for compelling legitimate grounds which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or if the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. Additional information on the right to object (tietosuoja.fi).
The Office of the Intelligence Ombudsman does not make decisions based on automated processing. Neither does the Office create profiles on the basis of the personal data it processes.
You can send requests concerning your data-protection rights to the Office of the Intelligence Ombudsman by e-mail or post. Contact information