Visiting the office
Instituting a case
You can institute a case electronically or by bringing the documents personally to the Office of the Intelligence Ombudsman.
A lobby service is available in the entrance lobby of our office. The service is part of the office rental service provided by Senate Properties. Our lobby services are provided by Palmia Oy, a company contracted by Senate Properties.
As the controller, Senate Records has arranged for recording video surveillance of the premises to protect the property and its users.
If a visit concerns instituting a case, or a case that is being processed in the Office of the Intelligence Ombudsman, the visit will be logged in the Office's case management system.
Job interview or scheduled visit
If a visit has been scheduled in advance, we will notify the lobby service company of the visitor’s name and organisation via the Senaattila system. The lobby service then informs us of the visitor’s arrival. The lobby service does not save data in any other systems, and the data is deleted from the system within two months of the visit. We process personal data in order to ensure the safety of our offices and compliance with the related instructions.
The lobby service is part of the office rental service provided by Senate Properties. Our lobby services are provided by Palmia Oy, a company contracted by Senate Properties.
Our processing is based on
We process personal data for the performance of a task in the public interest and in the exercise of public authority vested in the Office of the Intelligence Ombudsman (General Data Protection Regulation (EU 2016/679), Article 6(1), point e).
Disclosure of data
There are no regular disclosures of data.
Data is disclosed in accordance with the Act on the Openness of Government Activities.
No data will be disclosed for direct marketing, survey or market research purposes, unless there are separate provisions regarding disclosure for such purposes.
Your data protection rights with regard to the processing of personal data
Right to obtain information on the processing of personal data
- You have the right to know for what purposes and by which methods we process your personal data.
- The aim of this description of our data protection policies is to provide a comprehensive picture of the processing of personal data in our operations. If some aspect of our processing of personal data remains unclear, however, the description has failed in its purpose. If this is the case, you are welcome to send your questions to the Office of the Intelligence Ombudsman.
- Additional information on the right to be informed of the processing of personal data (tietosuoja.fi)
Right of access
- You have the right to know whether or not we are processing personal data that concern you. If we are, you have the right to obtain a copy of this data unless we have a legal basis for refusing to fulfil this right.
- Additional information on the right of access to personal data (tietosuoja.fi)
Right to rectification
- If the personal data we are processing is inaccurate, you can request us to rectify such data that concerns you.
- If we rectify data on the basis of your request, we are obligated to notify all parties to whom we have previously disclosed your data of the rectification where viable.
- Additional information on the right to rectification (tietosuoja.fi)
Right to restriction of processing
- If you consider the data that we are processing to be inaccurate or the processing to be unlawful, or you have objected to the processing of your data, you can request us to restrict the processing of your data.
- In such cases, we are only allowed to process your data
- with your consent
- if we need the data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims
- for the public interest or
- in order to safeguard the rights of another person.
- If we restrict the processing of data on the basis of your request, we are obligated to notify all parties to whom we have previously disclosed your data of the restriction where viable.
- Additional information on the right to restriction of processing (tietosuoja.fi).
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by us. You can exercise this right at any time on grounds relating to your particular situation. After this, we may not continue processing your personal data except for compelling legitimate grounds which override your interests, rights and freedoms, or if the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. Additional information on the right to object (tietosuoja.fi).
The Office of the Intelligence Ombudsman does not make decisions based on automated processing. Neither does the Office create profiles on the basis of the personal data it processes.
You can send requests concerning your data-protection rights to the Office of the Intelligence Ombudsman by e-mail or post. Contact information