Accessibility statement of Tiedusteluvalvonta.fi
This accessibility statement applies to the website www.tiedusteluvalvonta.fi and it was created on 19 September 2019. The statement has been updated on 21 December 2020.
We are committed to providing accessibility on the website in accordance with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services (306/2019).
The accessibility of the service is assessed by an external expert organisation in September 2020. We also assess the accessibility of the website by self-evaluation.
State of accessibility of the digital service
The website meets accessibility requirements. All parts of the website do not yet meet the requirements.
Efforts will be made to rectify any detected accessibility issues by the end of spring 2021.
Features that do not yet meet accessibility requirements:
- Contrasts and the distinguishable appearance of links are not fully accessible. Not all elements have a visible keyboard focus indicator, and in some cases the focus indicator is not clearly enough distinguishable depending on the browser. (WCAG 1.4.1, 1.4.3, 1.4.11, 2.4.7)
- There is room for improvement in responsiveness and increasing the text size. (WCAG 1.4.10, 1.4.4)
- On some pages, the h1 level describing the page content is missing, or there are several h1 level headings. There are inconsistencies in the use of headings on the front page. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- There are deficiencies in the naming of website sections that may lead to identical page headings. (WCAG 2.4.2)
- Some of the active objects on pages have not been correctly marked programmatically. (WCAG 1.3.1, 1.4.1)
- There are accessibility deficiencies in the main menu and side menu, and the section front pages are not visible in the side menu. (WCAG 1.3.1, 2.1.1, 3.2.3)
- Deficiencies in indicating the navigation elements may make it more difficult to identify element groups. (WCAG 1.3.1)
- The paging function does not work correctly for keyboard users. (WCAG 1.3.1, 2.1.1, 4.1.1, 4.1.2)
- A skip link does not always take the user to the main page content, and some of the anchors are named identically. (WCAG 2.4.3, 3.2.2)
- The markup of the links in the language menu is incorrect. (WCAG 4.1.1)
- The website search has accessibility deficiencies that are related to focus, the order function, element layout, consistency of naming, and contrasts. Not all screen readers read the links on the search page. (WCAG 1.3.1, 1.3.2, 1.4.11, 2.4.6, 3.3.2, 4.1.2)
- There are problems with the mobile use of the website related to the alternative text descriptions of buttons and the language setting, moving the focus, contrasts and the programmatic labelling of menu items, visibility of the keyboard focus indicator, as well as the lack of a search. (WCAG 1.1.1, 1.3.1, 1.4.1, 1.4.11, 2.4.4, 2.4.7)
- Errors in the HTML code may hinder the functioning of assistive devices in some situations. (WCAG 4.1.1)
Feedback and contact information
Did you notice an accessibility issue on our website? Let us know and we will do our best to resolve the issue.
You can send feedback on accessibility of the Tietosuoja.fi website by email to saavutettavuus.tietosuoja(at)om.fi.
Communications of the Office of the Data Protection Ombudsman is responsible for the accessibility of the website and the processing of accessibility feedback. We are committed to improve the accessibility of our website.
If you notice any accessibility issues on the website, first submit your feedback to us, i.e. the website administrator. It may take up to 14 days to receive a response. If you are not satisfied with the response or do not receive a response within two weeks, you can file a complaint with the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. The website of the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland has detailed instructions (in Finnish and Swedish) on how to file a complaint and how the issue will be handled.
Contact information of the supervisory authority
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Accessibility Supervision Unit
www.saavutettavuusvaatimukset.fi (in Finnish)
Telephone, switchboard +358 295 016 000